Welcome to Resurrection Gaming Clan Community - Now Playing Battlefield 1
Please sign in Here

Resurrection Gaming Clan Community - Now Playing Battlefield 1

warning  Welcome to , You are not logged in. If you have not registered yet, please click here. Alternativly log into your account now.

Resurrection Gaming Clan Community - Now Playing Battlefield 1: Forums

12 things I wish I knew before playing Battlefield 1
View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic  Multiplayer Gaming |2esurrection Forum Index Battlefield 1 Forum
l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Some handy tips in this article guys, especially the FOV bit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-guide/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 am Reply with quote

A good link from that page to how to become a better shot. I need all the help I can get Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote

Some nice tips there Mr Brune to get the best from this game!
nice to learn all this stuff prior to the game arrival Cool
Cheers
|2es-mrix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Howdy folks. I'm playing the already thanks to the Origin early access. It's good fun, but takes a lot of getting used to. It's very different to BF4, a lot more like Battlefront (which I wasn't a fan of). The movement/mechanics/graphics are much more like Battlefront than BF4 though.
I played about 4hrs last night and will be playing another 4 or 5 tonight. Good fun, though not getting very good kd ratios yet. I miss my scout heli's from BF4. But will take the time to learn to fly the planes in this game.
Can't tell you much more than that yet as 4 hrs is barely scratching the surface. You get to play 10 hours in total in the early access trial, your stats carry over to the full version. You have to subscribe to the Origin Access thingy which is about 3 or 4 Euro a month. You get 10% off the price of the game too, and there are some really good games you can play for free. All the Mass Effect games, all the Crysis games, BF Hardline etc. I will just cancel it if I don't play any of them.
BTW, you all missed out on Rainbow Six Seige! it was plagued by cheats for some time until they put a proper anti cheat system in place. But was a good game.
I've only got the Deluxe version of BF1, as didn't want to spend over 100 quid incase it turns out shit. They aren't using Punkbuster this time, you'd think they'd learn from the cheating in other games that good anti cheat is essential. Fingers crossed. Rented servers can now only be rented from EA, they haven't given much detail on what you'll be able to control. Server admin is the best anti cheat of all when done right. But don't know if admins will be able to ban people etc.
l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Hiya Rogue (glad to see your alive and kicking!), I'm suprised you didn't play in the beta m8, after a few hours I was convinced this would be good Smile I can't say that I agree about Battlefront, this game is definately breathing battlefield fire! The gameplay for me was through and through battlefield (also it's not third person!) with peeps only issue being the ticket system which they kind of addressed in part during testing. Looking forward to bayoneting and clubbing to death a few Res buddies very soon Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi rogue, nice to see you are still knocking around Very Happy Cool

I really enjoyed the Beta, pretty much everything about it, well apart from my kill / death as you experienced Laughing

The only thing that will let this game down in my mind is a poor or none existent anti-cheat Crying or Very sad

Still really looking forward to playing this game and trying the other maps Exclamation

Did you play the same map as we did on the Beta ?

Cheers
|2es-mrix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote

Hi all, yes I played the beta a bit too. Not much though. I have played around 8 hours of the game now in the early access and it's really growing on me. The beta map imo is the worst. Too open for snipers. There are some good town/city maps that are much better for infantry. There are a few little bugs but nothing major. I find when I get in a vehicle I can't do anything at all for what seems like a minute or so, then it just kinda kicks in and starts working. When this happens spawning in a plane its interesting. Doesn't happen all the time though and will no doubt be patched soon enough.
The other maps also look much better graphics wise. When I played the beta I immediately thought 'Battlefront reskin' like hardline was a BF4 reskin. But the other maps are far more impressive. I have a GTX 980TI 'classified' graphics card and can run it smoothly on ultra with all the bells and whistles. But its quite a demanding game, which is good. Even if you have to turn a few things down it'll still look good and worth playing.
l2es-OmiMace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Loving the game very much and I will be returning to the fray again tonight. As for the anti-cheat system being none existant thats not entirely true they got something in place. During a 3 hour stint last night I clocked around 15 people in the chat log getting banned by the anti cheat sytem they got in place.

For me that was not bad going and not once did I feel like I died to someone suspiciously, never once thinking aimbot Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Multiplayer Gaming |2esurrection Forum Index Battlefield 1 Forum

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic