top 10 returning/new shows

Forum used as a general chat area
l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

top 10 returning/new shows

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:24 pm

thought i would give my list of tv shows i am excited to see either return or just be coming into there first season spoilers may be here so be careful

in no particular order

1, arrow
last season was the best season since season 3 we saw the end of the 5 year journey of arrow with the flashbacks reaching the current day the show is set in thus arrow is now in uncharted territory especially seeing as ... see spoiler below
► Show Spoiler

2, black lightning
unlike the flash or green arrow or even some of the legends and supergirl i know absolutly nothing about black lightning he is a superhero i have never even heard of until i heard he was moving to tv i love learning about new heroes add that to the fact greg berlanti the producer of all the cw hero shows has said that at this moment black lightning will be unconnected to the arrowverse means this show will have to stand on its own merits and not just survive because its joined to the hip with the arrowverse.,. however they are open to possibly connecting it in the future should the show do well

the next two have similar reasons for me to be excited so i putting them together
3. star trek discovery
4. stargate origins

with both of these there is the prospect of finally getting a good sci fi show with the last few years being for fantasy shows like grimm or once upon a time true blood and shadowhunters etc. it seems the us networks are finally wanting to take a look at sci fi once again which is great star trek discovery is set just before the original series in a time where klingons and the federation are in a cold war style conflict and stargate origins by the looks of things goes back to basics and rediscovers the stargate and all it encounters all in all should be good and with very little competition in this field of shows at least one should make season 2

5, chicago fire
with 3 main characters seemed to be doomed in a major fire it means the show is gonna shake up its main field of characters with at the very least one death certain the chicago series are not my bread and butter series those are the comic book shows but i still enjoy the chicago franchise and it will be interesting how they restructure the show

6, lucifer
the latest show ended with lucifer about to reveal who he really is when he is knocked out and wakes in a desert with his wings fully restored is he on earth still or is he on some other plain who knows.. definitely interesting though

7, izombie
with the knowledge that zombies are real and the establishment that Seattle is a zombie friendly city it will be interesting to see how a show goes from being hiding that zombies are out there to openly accepting everyone knows about zombies it refreshes the format of the show and will be interesting to see where it goes from here

8, defenders
the final result of all the netflix marvel shows with jessica jones daredevil iron fist and luke cage all teaming up to fight a common enemy this series drops in 16 days and i cant wait its what we have been waiting for a group up like the avengers i just cant wait to see how daredevil reacts to iron fist or luke cage and how everyone reacts to the alcoholic jessica jones its gonna be awesome

9, the gifted
this is in the xmen universe with the heroes storyline and that is totally fine by me the show looks amazing with the effects with the powers top notch i can see this at the very least getting to season 2

10, inhumans
similar to black lightning i dont really know much about the royal family of the inhumans i only know what was told in the agents of shield series which from what i have heard was a s^itshow at laying the foundations for inhumans this show seems to have 2 good things for me 1, its based of a comic book series... thats a tick for me as i love my comic book shows and 2, its got a strong actor playing the villain in the former game of thrones bad guy ramsay bolton so this show should.. SHOULD be at least ok

honorable mention - orville a piss take on the sci fi genre made by family guy maker seth macfarlane it takes the piss out of star trek but also implants the jokes of family guy into the show.. i love any thing seth macfarlane does so i am looking forward to this
YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Re: top 10 returning/new shows

Post by l2es-mrix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Really enjoyed The 100 and that`s set for a return :!:
|2es-mrix

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 pm

i think i tried to watch that when it first started mrix and i found using a cheese grater on my forehead more entertaining... tbh,,,
fav song of the moment

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am

l2es-GrIm wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 pm
i think i tried to watch that when it first started mrix and i found using a cheese grater on my forehead more entertaining... tbh,,,
I honestly thought the same after watching the start of the first episode and almost decided to give up! but for whatever reason carried on and got grabbed by it as you do with many of these series :!:
Never missed an episode and very much look forward to a New series, preference is a wonderful thing.
|2es-mrix

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 am

well i have nothing else to watch i mIgHT give it another go
fav song of the moment

l2es-GrIm