Inter-clan Scrim Tonight April 9th

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.

Are you Interested in joining a Competitive Ladder like Edom?

Yes, Sounds like fun
70%
No, Thank you
10%
I dont know
20%

Total votes: 10

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Lol! Remi certainly became a hardcore pro gamer for a period, but was ultimately pwned by a rolling pin though :P He has only just regrown his manhood back and built a proper gaming platform ;)

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:05 pm

l2es-brune wrote:Lol! Remi certainly became a hardcore pro gamer for a period, but was ultimately pwned by a rolling pin though :P He has only just regrown his manhood back and built a proper gaming platform ;)
:D :D :D :D :D
Glad its not just me :D :oops:

I don't think it'll come to all that though Rem, most of us wont really give a shit, and naming areas of the map will be 'left' and 'right' :D
We're all pretty much in the same boat except maybe for young Vint and Grim who have yet to sew their seeds.
What sort of day/time would it all take place? Is it set or decided between teams. If we play the US one you mention Army, then how do times work out then, as theere's like 8 hrs diff? or is it just European teams we'll be playing?
Start practice and drinking cider @ 9pm, match start at 12am, and we'll kick some ass :D

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

TWL is an american based Ladder, but they have a Euro division with teams all from Euro. Only diffrence is that Edom hosts a 5v5 ladder and TWL only a 4v4 ladder.

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 pm

After looking into TWL a bit more, i ran into some info that might influence our decision. Basicly the EU Twl ladder currently only has 3 teams registered. Meaning there wont be many matches. Edom has more clans. In their basic SND they have 25 teams, and their all gametype ladder they have 110 clans.

l2es-Hunter

Post by l2es-Hunter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Well finally some league matchplay. This is what i been waiting to do for sometime. Should be fun with some and stressful with others

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:09 am

You can count me in for interest, but with a 3 year old, and our new baby coming in June commitment is NOT my middle name.

I am best available Saturday nights, and the more warning I have the better, so I can butter up the wife.

I'm definately up for it though.... and I'll even try and shoot straight some of the time.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

l2es-BedlamBob wrote: with a 3 year old, and our new baby coming in June
I'm definately up for it though.... and I'll even try and shoot straight some of the time.
By the sounds of it Bob shooting straight doesn't seem to be a problem for you at the mo. Putting it in its holster seems to be the prob. :wink:

The all game types sounds the best to me. With 110 clans there'll be plenty of clans around our skill level. The SND would also be good, but with 25 clans, you can bet a lot of them will be good teams who take it quite serious. SND tends to attract a more serious gamer, where at the opposite end TDM tends to attract more run'n'gun type players. If we could get something between the 2, this might suit us best. But thats just my opinion.
By the looks of it we should be able to muster 5 players for a match. There's still a few member who have yet to post who might be interested too.
If we play this weekend I wont be able to make it though, as my mom and neice are coming to visit and stay with us for a week.

l2es-monkeyaidsuk

Post by l2es-monkeyaidsuk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Saturday night was great fun, first match I have ever played. Thanks Cat for swapping and letting me play last match.

l2es-Hunter

Post by l2es-Hunter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 am

Didnt really enjoy the match hence me exiting before the final map/round. But seriously there should be a server created just for bunnies to roam around and have fun

l2es-monkeyaidsuk

Post by l2es-monkeyaidsuk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 am

there was certainly alot of hopping, very irritating, so much so I might start doing it. Im going to set up a macro so every time I click to shoot it makes me jump at the same time.

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am

You cant play matches and then leave just cause the enemy team is willing to use the basic game mechanics to their advantage . I played many matches in mohaaa a little in bf2 and some in cod 2. Matches are very stressfull things and if your gonna be serious about it you just have to expect the teams to take any advantage they can to win the match.

Im willing to bet whoever this team is was getting off a single jump occasionally and landing a kill so they are ammediatly branded as bunny hoppers. In a match everything is hyper tense and anything is going to annoy if your losing. I mean god in mohaa matches were insanely frustrating their were players so good on that game. being able to clip corners so well that you were literally invisible to the enemy yet you could see them clear as day lol.

If you can find a good match with a freindly team its great but i cant remember once when even in a freindly it didnt become serious and stressfull.When youve got the pressure of a ladder it changes the context of the game completly from just playing for fun.
ImageImage

l2es-monkeyaidsuk

Post by l2es-monkeyaidsuk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm

To be honest I didn't find it stressful, I think we were all having a laugh with it? Then again, as I understand it, we only did well when I started to play :wink: But the bunny hopping was all the time, not by all just the odd one.

I agree if they want to do it then so be it, going prone all the time is more irritating to me :) We did win the last match though.

l2es-grauer_Fuchs

Post by l2es-grauer_Fuchs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 pm

l2es-rembrandt hat mit seinem Beitrag schon den Nagel auf den Kopf getroffen. Um in einer Liga zu spielen müsste sich ein Team finden, dass viel Zeit aufbringen kann und voll bei der Sache ist.

ich bin der Meinung, dass viele sich noch nicht ganz vorstellen können, was das alles für Zeit kostet, um in einer Liga im Mittelfeld mitspielen zu können.

Mein Vorschlag wäre: erstmal Freudschaftspiele oder Innerscrims zu spielen und das über eine längere Zeit.

So können sich alle Spieler besser kennenlernen

Jeder Spieler lernt seine Stärken und Schwächen besser einzuschätzen, den NUR DAS TEAM gewinnt oder verliert !!!

Jeder kann sich vorstellen das der TS in jedem Match Spiel das A und O ist

Und das alle OHNE Ligastress !!!

I am of the opinion that many still can not quite imagine what it would cost for time to play in a league in the midfield.

Freud first shaft Innerscrims games or play and a prolonged period of time: I would suggest.

Thus, all players know each other better

Each player learns its strengths and weaknesses to better judge which only the team wins or loses!

Everyone can imagine that the TS in each match playing the A and O

And all without the stress league!

For team play and fun for ALL should be in the foreground!!

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm with Monkey on this.
Found the bunnying very annoying, but its a game mechanic and cannot be stopped. I personally found the dolphin diving in BF absolutely dire.

The games themselves were very good, we started getting good tactics, good communication as the night went on which showed as we lost the first Map and won the second Map.

All in all a good and worthwhle evening.

I personally look forward to the next scrim, either interclan or otherwise.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Any dirty trick you can think of will be used by someone in a match. They're are no bunnyhopping, spawn raping, or dolphin diving rules on a match server. The best/most deveous/ dirtiest team wins. Its something I experienced in the matches that I played in BF2. The hopping and diving by some of the other teams was unreal. If you let it, it could literally drive you insane watching them hopping and diving accross your screen, it was almost comical sometimes. It goes with the teritory though. If you can't beat em, join em. If you can come up with a dirty scheming trick to get an advantage, then share it with the team so we can all use it :D because if we dont, they will. The main thing is to not take it personally, and relax. The more frustrated you get, the worse you'll play.

I'll be available from now on for matches, had visitors this week so couldn't make it, but put me down for the next one if there's a spare slot.