Would you like a Modded Server?

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.

What would you like from our Unranked Server

Lets make it into a Mod Only Server.
No votes
Lets keep it as a Match Only Server
25%
Lets have both and switch back and forth as needed.(More work for poor ArmyMan)
63%
Whats Black Ops?
13%

Total votes: 8

l2es-ArmyMan

Would you like a Modded Server?

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 am

This question pertains to our match server. The poll listed above is if you would like to make the match server into a modded server or to keep it a match server. Ive been informing myself greatly about these mods and what is available. Below i will list some mods that i have found and what they do as well. Also included videos of the mod so you can see what to do in them....

Helli battle mod-
This mod allows all players to spawn automatically with a Hind and the objective is to kill the other players. All players are in Hinds only, missile shots are instant kill, otherwise you have to use the machine guns to kill.
Helli Battle Mod Video Roll the Dice mod-
This mod allows all players when the spawn to roll the dice between 1-100 and each roll has a specific bonus/perc that you have till you die. You can gain things like a cloak, certain weapons only, cartoon or rainbow world, see through walls, super damage, nades only, Jetpack, God mode for 15 sec, Invisible for 15 sec, super speed, being drunk, being on cocaine...and many other things...even having an Orgasm. These can be good or bad for you. Roll the Dice Mod Video Aliens vs Marines mod-
This mod there are two teams, one is the alien and the other the marines. Simple...marines need to kill the aliens before the aliens kill the marines...ok so whats so special. Well the marines play the map in darkness and can barely see in front of them but get to use weapons. The aliens only get to use knifes but they have nightvision and can see alot better.
Alien vs Marines Video Marked Man Mod-
This mod selects one person to be the marked man, all other players get turned into RC cars and have to kill the marked man. Through out the map are power ups that the marked man can use as he wages war against the RC cars.
Marked Man Mod Video Hide and Seek Mod-
This mod has two teams, one of the team runs around and can become a selective item that is on the map and trys to blend in with the surroundings. The other team has to try and find these objects and kill them on the map.
Hide and Seek Mod Video

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 am

Ah this reminds me of the MoHAA days me grim drix and a guy called elite i think used to go on modded server where they had jetpacks and such was quite funny.

Ofcourse i cant realy say anything on the vote cause i dont play and most likely wont again .
ImageImage

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 am

The ranking side of things does no longer appeal to me personally as I got nowhere left to go :cry:
I think its worth pointing out that members who use a moded server must remember that these servers are unranked.
I personally have really enjoyed the matches we have played and would like to see a few more arranged so even though we have not really played matches on the match server I would still like to see some at some point :)
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Tbh only one that appeals to me is the Aliens vs Marines, that sounds like it would be good. As a marine it'll be heart pounding too when an alien suddenly appears out of the dark at you.
I too would love to play some more matches, they are the best fun I've had in BO.

1 question though, for Mrix, do we pay extra for the match server?? If so another option, which may be unpopular, is to cancel it and save the money to ensure we can have a 64 player BF3 server. I think for most of us this game is gonna take over all our gaming time when it comes out, and would ideally like the bigger server with full size maps etc.
If this was the case we could play a mod on the regular server a few days a week, maybe mix it up. Just a though.

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

Post by l2es-GrIm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:38 pm

i thought the match server was ran by army/fox/cat
YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]

l2es-Snipercat

Post by l2es-Snipercat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm

the unranked match server is sponsored by foxy & me Image

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:16 pm

the hide and seek one looks fun lol
fav song of the moment

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:17 pm

I see, very generous of you both :D
In that case I voted for it to be modded, but switch back to match server when needed (more work for Army :wink: )
We dont play many matches Army, so wont be too bad :wink:

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 pm

I votey votey for a mix.
The matches are Fantastic, and I would like to see more.
Modded might be fun on occasion but the only one that sounded fun to me was the alien v marine and maybe roll the dice.

Very nice of foxy/kitty/army for the server and I will happily join the gang in whatever pursuit is chosen.

Bob.

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 am

Ok from what i see how everyone voted they would like to continue to have matches on the private server, but may also like to try playing mods on it. So how about this idea, think it may work out. I will FTP all the mods onto the server. I will keep it a match server. But some days of the week we could hold a Mod night and I could run the mods we would like to play. Maybe run through them all to see. And then after the evening it would return back to a match server. This way we can always hold our matches that we would have, but if we wanted to have a bit of fun we could load a mod and let loose.

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:07 am

SOUNDS LIKE FUN

BUT PLEASE MAKE THE MOD NIGHT FALL ON A WEEKEND

/BEGS
fav song of the moment

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 am

Well the nice thing about it is, once the mods are loaded onto the server it would only take 1-2 mins to make the change. So i could do it for you at anytime its requested. Its the clan server and each member can use it when they want. You would only need to give me a hollar and i can make the changes. But i think most likely it will be on a weekend since thats when most members are online.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 pm

What about after the match friday we give it a bash ???
Would be a bit of fun for a fri night, there's usually a few of us on untill late on a friday.
Give the Aliens vs marines a bash, or whatever everyone who's on wants to do.
We'll already be on the server so gauranteed to get it started. We could celebrate another victory :D . I'll get the beers in, what you all having :D

l2es-Hunter

Post by l2es-Hunter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Doombar for me please rogue
Last edited by l2es-Hunter on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

l2es-Hunter wrote:Doombar for me please rouge

For calling me 'rouge' you'll be getting f&*k all :evil: :wink: