black ops 2 - 3arc screwed the pc fanbase...

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.
l2es-monkeyaidsuk

Post by l2es-monkeyaidsuk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 am

I just want to second what Brune said, play planetside2, its proper mint.

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Planet side is in no way shape or form of a cod replacement. Despite the annoyances of the dedicated servers its still the tightest best game-play out there.

Planet side can fill A battlefield style role but also comes with the same large battle problems of alot of time spent running about with nothing to shoot.

We have allways loved Cod for its stressful hardcore brutal action that makes you feel tied after a good hour or 2 of gaming lol.
ImageImage

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

PS2 is a COD killer, not a replacement :P ;) Seriously thought the games are different beasts. PS2 is a huge team based tactical FPS and COD is a run and gun claustrophobic killathon :)

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Medal Of Honour Warfighter anyone ???
I think I'm gonna get it.

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

fyi I read a couple of posts saying MoH was shite like the last attempt, just a warning as I have seen no concrete proof.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Brunw, you've just p1553d all over my fire. I was really hoping this would be quite good, a kind of COD with 21st century visuals. Frostbite 2 in close quarters. I may have to buy the BF3 map packs instead then, I think a few of those maps are close quarters. The clan stopped playing it though, I was a lone dove, hard to find a server thats looked after well too and not full of nobs. Played the PS2 beta a few times, but dont really know what the hells going on, where I'm supposed to go, or what I'm supposed to do. I've found myself playing BO1 the last few weeks, which I never thought I would play again. Found a decent server, but they were finishing server on release of MOH. The server can make or break a game imo. Play a less than average game on a good server and it can be fun. Play a great game on a shat server and it can be hell. Its this prob that has broke BO2 before it even hits the shops. It's like Porsche releasing a new 911, but its a new self driving car, you still get 500bhp, but your not really in control of the experience your gonna get.