Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare... hmm maybe...

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.
l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare... hmm maybe...

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri May 02, 2014 6:23 pm

i have to be honest i am tempted to get this why? i dont know but it seems intriguing

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU[/youtube]
Futuristic armour. Explosions. Kevin Spacey? It's the reveal trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare...
The campaign trailer for this year's Call Of Duty sequel has officially begun. Kevin Spacey's dryly charismatic voice (and digitised visage) provide the anchor for the latest bout of shooting and widescreen action, and this time, there's more than a hint of Neill Blomkamp's Elysium to be seen here. From the mechanised power suits to the composition of certain shots, the influence of last year's Matt Damon-starring sci-fi film are easy to see - we just need Sharlto Copley to swing in and shout, "It's just a flesh wound!"

We'll have to wait and see how the game actually plays, but in terms of explosions and weaponry, Advanced Warfare looks every inch the swaggering blockbuster we'd expect.

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is out on the 4th November for computers and console boxes.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/games/call-of- ... z30a1PAsEf

YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Fri May 02, 2014 7:34 pm

I think the plot was lost a long time ago with the COD franchise. It's all about sales quantity over game quality now.

kororas

Post by kororas » Fri May 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Had to do a double take though; is that a CGI'd Kevin Spacey, why yes, it is!

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I think the plot was lost a long time ago with the COD franchise. It's all about sales quantity over game quality now.
I have had the same thoughts but maybe at some point this has to change and just maybe this could be the game that makes that change? it does look interesting!

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm

an interesting video here about call of duty apparently the worlds biggest military in the game isnt a country its owned by a corporation

the video itself basically asks the question could this actually happen in real life

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQ1pbPLBss#t=106[/youtube]
fav song of the moment

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Sat May 03, 2014 1:06 am

Lets face it plot means zero in a cods 2 hour single player lol. More importantly this looks like it could be decent from a multi player point of view and i have not said that about a cod game for many years .

Allthough kevin spacey makes this a 10/10 automatically so everything else is moot :D
ImageImage

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat May 03, 2014 2:17 am

It's very difficult to get excited over a COD game now, like an ugly moose after ten pints of scrumpy.
The graphics have improved, but then they couldn't possibly get any further behind than where they were.
The future thing could be fun if its done right. But COD hasn't been done right for a few years, it all gradually went downhill from World at War, with Black ops 1 making a valiant attempt at salvaging it.
It reminds me a bit of Cher, it's a good few years old, and looks remarkably good for its age, but underneath you know its still an old hag. But like Cher, it might be fun :)

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat May 03, 2014 10:30 am

Definitely something to keep an eye on and gain as much info as possible, hopefully then we can establish if a risk is worth taking actually buying the game :lol:
As the months go on please keep this thread updated with any info you find 8)
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat May 03, 2014 11:32 am

Anyone after a decent fast paced shooter with a futuristic flavour won't go far wrong with Titanfall tbh.

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Sat May 03, 2014 2:18 pm

i have played titanfall (i dont have it a friend does ) was not very happy with the gameplay if i am honest...
fav song of the moment

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat May 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah it's not for the faint hearted :P

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Sun May 04, 2014 10:36 am

well i have read somewhere that there doing a big reveal of this cod today so will do a post when i hear
fav song of the moment

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Titanfall seems ok i wont judge since i didnt take the dive to try it although just from a few opinions i have heard that its burned out very quickly and none is interested any more after a short time. Its very difficult these days to get people to take the risk of trying something new. The mmo market is in the same position where everyone is so dedicated to their wow chars no other game gets a look in or atleast dies off after a short time. Current example elder scrolls will be dead once WOD comes out.

Its a shame and with games like titantfall people are so used to having the gameplay a specific way that when they jump over to try another game they dont like it because its not like the game they are so used to playing. A good example for me is with elder scrolls although i enjoy the game enough to level one char to 50. i have already found the need to use mods to recreate the wow feeling interface to enjoy the game as without it everything feels very dated and unintuitive.

I suspect no other fps will get a look in for a good while once this game comes out accept battlefield 5 which has managed to set itself apart in a positive way so it has its own load of dedicated followers.
ImageImage

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun May 04, 2014 2:27 pm

I've clocked up around 40 hours of Titanfall and recommend it to anyone who fancies an FPS they can pick and and blast away for a quick (or long) fps session.

I tried BO2 on a free weekend and have got to say that somehow they broke the root COD gameplay, it was sadly very very shit.

Ghosts, well not tried that but the majority of web based opinion seemed to be similar to my impression of BO2. (I mean this game hit sales quicker than any COD game I can remember)

Now unless Activision have woke up and smelled the coffee and improved the gameplay I don't imagine anyone in their right mind will play the new game long...if at all.

As for mmos it's as I have said before, nobody is bringing anything new and refreshing to the table, so most of the hardcore wow lovers (not for me thanks ;) ) feel that they already have a game they have invested a shed load of time into already, why play something that is pretty much wow skinned?
But hey mook is deviating me off subject here ;)

l2es-monkeyaidsuk

Post by l2es-monkeyaidsuk » Sun May 04, 2014 6:25 pm

*cough* Star Citizen *cough* looks mint *cough*